A fabled journey. Follow the path of bush pioneers, gold rush prospectors, and legendary adventurers as you make an epic transcontinental crossing aboard the Indian Pacific.
Your Fly, Stay & Rail Package Includes:
- Economy class flight from Auckland to Perth, returning from Sydney
- 3 nights accommodation in Perth
- Rottnest Island Full-Day Trip With Guided Island Tour From Perth
- Swan River Cruise to Mandoon Estate Including Lunch at Homestead Brewery
- 4 day/3 night rail journey onboard The Indian Pacific from Perth to Sydney
- Includes all meals, fine wines & beverages, immersive off train experiences + more
Extend your flights and stay longer - talk to our travel experts about more options!
Indian Pacific Highlights & Inclusions:
- 4 days/3 nights aboard the Indian Pacific
- All-inclusive meals, fine wines, and beverages
- A regionally-inspired menu paired with a selection of local wines
- Off train experiences in Broken Hill, Adelaide and surrounds, Cook, Rawlinna and Perth
Day 1 - PERTH AND KALGOORLIE
Your journey from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific Ocean begins as you pull away from the platform in Perth mid-morning. Settle into your comfortable cabin and get to know the creature comforts of life onboard. Enjoy a modern Australian lunch as you glide through the picturesque rolling hills of the Avon Valley. After a relaxing afternoon onboard, enjoy a three-course dinner prior to your late evening arrival in the wild west township of Kalgoorlie.
Day 2 - NULLARBOR PLAIN
Awake to the spectacular expanse of the Nullarbor Plain to watch the sunrise. Be captivated by the big blue skies and ancient stillness of the desert landscape, broken only by a mob of friendly kangaroos. Waiting ahead is the charm of the once-thriving Nullarbor railway community – now ghost town – of Cook. Sit back and relax as the train continues its trek across the longest single stretch of railway in the world. Another mouth-watering dinner is followed by relaxed conversation in the lounge before a restful night’s sleep.
Day 3 - ADELAIDE AND BROKEN HILL
On arrival in elegant Adelaide, you have the choice of a walking tour (seasonal), a behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous Adelaide Oval, or a coach tour of the city sights. This evening you’ll enjoy a stop at Broken Hill, Australia’s silver capital and home to a unique artistic community.
Day 4 - BLUE MOUNTAINS AND SYDNEY
Wake in the picturesque Blue Mountains. See the majestic Three Sisters at Echo Point and the views at Jamison Valley before completing your journey on our chartered NSW rail service (fully hosted by our staff) into Sydney Central Station. Alternatively, stay on board the Indian Pacific to travel directly to Sydney.